Friday, April 3, 2015

April 3, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

Over the past few weeks or so I have shared with you the progress of our amaryllis from a bud to three large flowers with another bulb ready to bloom. Today I would like to share another flower with you. This is the orchid that my sister Elaine gave us when we visited her on Thanksgiving.



Five months and it is still going good. Orchids are one of my favorite flowers but to be honest this is the first one I have ever had. I had always heard they are difficult to care for but I guess I must be doing something right.

And since we are talking about flowers I have another "project". This weekend I am going to plant a Stargazer Lily. I bought three bulbs about a month ago and have been waiting for better weather. I am starting it in a large pot and will probably transfer it to a spot outside once it gets going. Of course I will photograph it's progress and share it here.

And that's all for now. Please be sure to stop in again to see what I have to share. I thank you for reading.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I love watching your flower pictures. Starting Sunday I am going to show the progress of my hyacinth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I hope to have a lot more to share.I would love to see your hyacinth.

      Delete
  2. The stargazer was my sister's favorite flower. They are very fragrant. Looking forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Stargazer is one of my favorites too. Right up there with Orchids. I hope to have some photos soon.

      Delete