Sunday, April 12, 2015

April 12, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

Well it's that time of year again. Time to get out into the yard and  clean away any of last years remaining debris and spruce up for the coming season. And I could not have asked for a better day to do it. The weather was absolutely perfect. We got a lot done too. Here is a shot of the "avian restaurant" after some much needed cleaning and mulching.


That deer on the right was always in our yard when I was growing up and now I have it. I have been told many times that I should bring it in during the Winter but in over 50 years that has never happened so I guess I'll just go with it. There are other pieces that actually make up a set and I believe my sisters have them. The frog on the left has an interesting story. When I was young I remember seeing it in my cousin Charles' back yard. Of course he told me it was real and being young I believed him. At least for a little while. Well over the years I learned that my Grandmother bought it for him when he moved into his house as a gift. She bought it at Montgomery Ward. This happened to be the same year I was born. When Charles moved from Washington DC to San Diego he gave it to me and here it is. The duck I got last year in the Poconos so it needs time. And then of course there is the wagon filled with all that delicious seed. That's all the birds and the occasional squirrel care about.

Here is one of today's patrons.


Earlier in the day Kim and I drove over to a dog park we just discovered. It's great and our dog Schnitzel had fun. He did however whine all the way as we drove. And the funny thing is that he jumps right into the car when we open the door. Here is a quick video.


Whiny Ride <<< Click Here


And I am calling it a day folks. Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. OK, here is the story on the deer. When Elaine and I were little and David was a baby, Mom went to a store and got the mother deer and a baby fawn statue. She kept the mother and gave Elaine and I the baby. I still have the baby -- somewhere. I just realized I have no idea where it is and will have to look for it.

    Schnitzel is such a whiner. I hope he at least had a good time at the dog park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I knew there was more to the set. I would love to see the baby. Schnitzel had a great time.

      Delete
  2. Loved the stories behind the items! It's like making & being a part of history. Schnitzel is so precious. Probably knew where he was going & excited to get there! Give him a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Once in a while I get into a "writing mood". As you can probably tell though I am more of a photographer than a writer. Schnitzel is awesome! Thanks!

      Delete