Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

They say April showers bring May flowers. Well if that is true then we should have enough flowers to cover the entire planet! Now I realize that is a bit of an exaggeration but we sure did get a lot of rain very quickly. And we are supposed to get more tonight but it sure doesn't look like it. But you never know. I truly believe that meteorology is partly based on guesswork. after all, who can really say what nature has in mind?

Now I usually save any videos for the end of my post but I would like to place a link for today's at the beginning. Why? Because the day started out with heavy rain and this video was filmed in that rain. This particular camera has a water proof case so I was able to grab some footage of what else, the Avian Cafe. Hey birds need to eat when it's raining too. Check it out at the following link.


Rainy Day Cafe <<< Click Here


When I got home from work the rain had cleared away and I was able to photograph some of our budding garden.

Here we have a couple shots of our Hosta.



And here's a couple of our Rhododendron.



And you know I have to sneak a bird in too right? Actually this is several birds lined up on top of our Arborvitaes.


And there you have it. My rainy day update. Now maybe we can dry out and let places that need the rain have it. Can you hear me California?

Thanks for stopping by folks. I really do appreciate it.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing your yard come to life. I forgot to check my hosta last weekend. I'll have to take a look. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! We couldn't even see our hosta last week until I removed some of the old mulch. Now it is sprouting very quickly. It will be huge before we know it. And it all started with one single little plant.

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that youur video caught the sound of the rain! It appears your shrubbery provides a sort of porch/overhang to
    keep some of the rain out. Looks like it was too wer for the squirrel to get out of bed for breakfast! Ha ha!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! The rain was very hard when I shot this video. Sound is usually muted because of the waterproof case but it sure came through this time. I set up the "cafe" here to try and protect it from the weather. It works pretty well and seems to be popular with the birds. I am going to set up some bird houses next. I have them I just need to paint them and get some poles to secure them in the ground.

      Delete