Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 18, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

Wow! What perfect weather we had today. For the first time this year the temperature reached above the 80° F mark. The last I looked at our cars gauge it was 82° F. But the humidity seemed to be relatively low. Kim and I took a drive to Longwood Gardens. We had her Dad along and made reservations at Longwood's restaurant 1906 for lunch. It was the first time any of us had ever been there. It was a little pricey but I have to say that the food was excellent. Especially the mushroom soup. I would recommend 1906 but would also recommend making reservations. It is not that big and fills up pretty fast. In fact the cafe section was full and people had to wait outside of the building due to overcrowding. I guess this wonderful weather brought everyone out to enjoy the gardens. So anyhow you know that I shot the odd photo or two. And today I would like to share three of them with you. So let's get to it shall we?

Any trip to Longwood requires the obligatory photo of a flower. And I did shoot many today but am only sharing one with you for now. And here it is.


This pink rose and two buds caught my eye. This was shot in the Conservatory.

These next two show some of the wildlife that reside at Longwood. This first one is a lone duck swimming in the lake at the beginning of the Meadow Garden.


And this next photo shows one of my favorites. A squirrel of course. And this guy was not shy or skittish. He stayed right there while I snapped away with my camera.


Of course while strolling the gardens I had to grab a quick video. And what better place than the Italian Water Garden? Check it out at the link below.


Italian Water Garden at Longwood Gardens <<< Click Here


And before I go I have one more video for you. This is yet another morning at the "Aviary Cafe". I finally captured some footage of one of the Cardinals. He shows up about halfway through the video and you can check it out at the link below.


Aviary Cafe - April 18, 2015 <<< Click Here


And That's all for today folks. But I have a lot more to share and I hope to see you here at the blog again real soon. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the fountains! They are like a water ballet & I could sit on those steps & listen for hours....It looks so peaceful.
    Are you allowed on the grass? Probably not....bummer. Bring a book & blanket...maybe a snack....Better go before I write a novel.
    Thanks for the little 'escape'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fountains are great and one of my favorites too. The only way to go on the grass is to take a behind the scenes tour. We haven't done it yet but probably will.

      Delete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. the fountains resort orlando

    ReplyDelete