Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

Hi all! Today's post is for the birds. Literally. Continuing with photos from Sunday's trip to the Lehigh Valley Zoo I present to you some of it's resident birds. Any of you who have been reading my blog for any amount of time knows I love photographing birds. Whether they be wild or in a zoo setting. I have always been fascinated with them. So please have a look and enjoy.






And just to switch things up a little I am including this "non bird" photo. Actually I want to show you something I think is really cool. Yesterday I shared a panorama from the side of the road leading to the zoo. But what caught my eye almost as much as the view was this.


This bench is right at the edge of the hill. Right in the center. What an incredible place to sit and relax and just enjoy what nature has to offer. It is so serene. On my next visit I will have to make a short video.

And that is it for today folks. As always I thank you for taking a little bit of time out of your day to read my blog and check out my photos. As much as I love photography it would not be as enjoyable without you to share it with. Thank you!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the snowy owl. I think the view is fantastic, but I would be afraid to sit on that bench. It looks as if it is very near a steep drop off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! The bench is right on the edge but the drop off isn't steep at all. It starts gradually so it is perfectly safe.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Kathy. I'm not fond of being on the "edge". You used the word gradual... does that mean if you fall you 'roll' rather than just going over the edge? Just kidding!
    Thanks for the bench view but think I'll settle on a blanket a little farther back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie. The hill is long but really not too steep. At least at the top. The next time we are there I will do some more photos and a video that will show it better. It's safe and spectacular at the same time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete