Friday, April 10, 2015

April 10, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

I was going over the photos I shot at Valley Forge on Easter Sunday and came across a couple that I had forgotten about. The reason I "misplaced" them is because they were shot with my phone and not my regular camera. So now that they are found I would like to share a couple with you. These were both shot at Washington Memorial Chapel.


This is the Chapel Cabin Shop and is a great place to grab a snack and a drink and maybe even a souvenir or two. You can even deposit an old flag in that box at the left of the door to be properly retired. I should also mention that the shop is run by volunteers.


This is the back of the chapel. Most photos I see show the front side but I think the architecture is nice all the way around.

Anyone who knows me knows that Valley Forge is very special to me. When I was young my parents would often take me there on weekends. We would walk the whole park. And I mean the whole park. I was always tired at the end and probably a little cranky. I miss that now that they are gone. What I would give for one more trip there with them. But I do try my best to visit them on Easter and other times of the year at the park. They are both laid to rest at the Cemetery behind the Chapel.

And that's what I have for you today folks. Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll be back real soon though and I hope you will be too.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the chapel. There's no bad side to it. We have to get together to visit Mom and Ed's graves this summer. I'm not sure I could find thrm on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that every time you walk the park,they are there with you. A special time like that is buried deep in your heart. that time together is a gift that can be opened & enjoyed again & again....

    ReplyDelete