Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 8, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

So how is everyone doing with the time shift? I'm a little off but it's not too bad. For some reason I feel like the day has been extra long. Weird huh? Losing that hour worked out well for me in one way. I was up early enough to grab this beautiful sunrise.


Starting today I am going to share another daily photo with you in addition to the photo of the day. About a year and a half ago Kim and I were in Target and I bought a flower kit. It came with a pot and soil and a bulb. I don't remember for sure what kind of flower it is but I believe it is an Amaryllis. Well I forgot about it for several months and when I planted it all I got was two long green leaves and no flowers. However the other day I noticed a large bud that should bloom in the near future. I guess I'll find out for sure what it is then. So anyway I thought it would be a nice little project to grab a photo every day until it blooms. How's that sound? So here is the first shot. It sits on our front window sill so please forgive the spots on the window. With all of the snow it's been a little difficult and frankly a waste of time to clean them.


And that will do it for today. I hope you enjoy the sunrise and my new little project. Please come back soon and join me in finding out what it is.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, that looks like an amaryllis bud to me. It will be interesting to watch it open. I have a bulb Elaine gave me years ago which I never planted. Maybe I'll try to grow mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should plant it. It may just grow and bloom. Let me know if you do.

      Delete
  2. Love the sunrise! I think the 'project' will be fun. It's like waiting to open a gift to see what it is,even if you think you know.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunrise was beautiful yesterday. With the time change I may be doing a few more. At least until it gets too early. I think we will know sometime this week if I have an Amaryllis. Keep watching!

      Delete