Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 22, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

Yesterday I told you that I shot a lot of photos at the zoo and I wasn't kidding. In fact I shot over 700 frames. Now of course I won't be processing all of them. In fact only about 20 - 25 will make the final cut. And that is if I'm lucky. This is why I love digital. Though that can be a two way street. Something that I have talked about before is that digital may give us the freedom to shoot many more photos than we will ever actually use but film makes us more careful. With film you literally pay for every shot. And that price is much higher today than it was 10 years ago. So anyway today I looked over about 100 photos and I have three I would like to share with you.

First we have the chatty owl from yesterday's video.


And here is one of the swans. This was the only water fowl that we saw.


And here is one of the zoo's Jaguars.


And finally we have today's "Amaryllis Watch" photo. I know I keep saying we are getting close but I think we really are. It has opened just a little bit more.


And so we once again call it a day my friends. I thank you for stopping by and as always invite you back to see what I post next. And don't forget that if you like my blog please feel free to share it with others. I would love to have them check it out.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. The swan is lovely,but LOVE the jaguar! Love the cave-like background.I have a Pentax IQ Zoom 200. The lens just fits through the cage & I've gotten some great shots at a big cat sanctuary in Florida. I don't use it as much as I need a new (ion?) battery.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the fence is kind of in the way of a really good shot. I can get up to a lot of the fences in the zoo and shoot through one of the openings but I couldn't get up to this one. Otherwise it is a very nice exhibit. You can probably find a battery on Amazon for a good price. I would love to see some of your photos from Florida.

      Delete