Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015 - Photo of The Day

Today I would like to continue with photos from Saturday's trip to the zoo. But before I get to that let me share this mornings beautiful sunrise with you.


And now for today's zoo pics. I still have a lot to process but I am getting there. In the meantime please enjoy these.

These Goats are in the petting zoo.


And here is one of my favorites. The River Otters!



How about a climbing Porcupine?


And not all of the animals are officially on exhibit.


This was shot through a fence but I was able to use the magic of photography to mostly eliminate it from the photo. Actually it is as simple as zooming in for the shot and increasing the contrast in post processing with Photoshop.


And before I go here is today's "Amaryllis Watch" photo. We are really close.


And I have one more thing for you before I go. Here is a quick video of the River Otters.


Elmwood Park Zoo River Otters <<< Click Here


And that's all for now folks. Please stop by again soon.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the otters! I often stand for quite awhile in the Phila Zoo to watch them. They love to cuddle & snuggle...and play!! Last I checked we had the offspring of a mated pair plus an 'aunt'. Here they have a 'waterfall slide' that makes one laugh at the antics. As there is an underwater window, that creates some viewing of 'tag' games.
    Is the one bird a chick? Seems he's kinda fluffy. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The otters are our favorite. We too often watch them for a long time. The habitat at Elmwood is a good size especially considering there is only two otters. We have seen the exhibit in Philadelphia and it is really nice. We can visit it a lot more now that we have a zoo pass. I haven't identified the wild bird yet but I grabbed this pic when he/she was shaking his/her feathers. Ill post more soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete