Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17, 2015 - Photo Of The Day

Today we continue with my trip to Valley Forge on Sunday. I have shot this on many occasions but I tried to make it a little more unique this time. If you have been following his blog or my photos for any amount of time you will recognize the scene. Check it out.


What do you think? I kind of like it. I tried to bring out the environment which was a little cool and very, very windy. The wind was so fierce at one point that I had trouble shooting because I couldn't steady my hands and my camera.

Of course I also have my daily "Amaryllis Watch" photo for you. I really think it's close now. You can see the tip of the bud getting ready to open. At least that's the way I see it.


I took the plant outside onto the deck this afternoon to shoot this. I think the sun is good for it too. I did bring it in though because it's supposed to get cold tonight. Crazy weather this time of year.

And I'll see you all real soon folks. Come back and see what I post next. I am still working through some ideas for the near future. I think you will like some of them. Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. That wind was really something! I like the cabi n. It spoke to me of pioneer days;how it must have been for them out in the middle of....well...nature. I totally loved the hidden cabin yesterday! (Had a computer glitch & couldn't get online). It was like going on a hike
    and finding....surprise! Peek a boo! A total favorite!
    Thank you for sharing. Ready for Friday's "snow:?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Yes the wind was bad but I too can only imagine what it was like for the soldiers of Washington's army. And most of them didn't even have one of these cabins and had to live in makeshift tents. I feel fortunate that I was able to get in my car and get warm. The funny thing about yesterday's cabin (or stone house?) is that i can't find anyone who knows anything about it. That includes guides at the visitor center. It is right on the trail and actually not hidden at all. I have photos of it from about 10 years ago when it still had a roof. Maybe the snow will miss us? Probably not but I can hope. I am ready for sunny warm weather.

      Delete