Thursday, July 30, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - July 30, 2015

Hi and welcome to another late edition of the Exploration Photography Daily View! Well things are coming along with Windows 10 on my laptop. There are a few things to work out but it's getting there. But aside from that it took some time getting today's photo ready for publication but I think it's finally there.


You may or may not be able to tell from looking but I had quite a time with this shot. First off I have been trying all Summer to capture a decent image of this guy and tonight I was lucky enough to have the opportunity. I have found cardinals very difficult to work with because they are very skittish. And secondly (without getting technical) when I captured the shot there was a very annoying red hue coming from a lot of the small branches. I worked on the final image for about an hour and I think I got most of it fixed.

And now I am getting off of here. Let me know what you think. I would love your feedback. And I'll be back real soon my friends!

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I think you did a good job with it. I seldom can get a decent shot of a cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! They really are difficult to get. Other birds will sit high in the bushes but the cardinals always fly away. Then I just have to wait and see if they come back.

      Delete
  2. It's a wonderful shot. You did great with fixing the coloring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! There are little bits I missed but overall I like the way it turned out. I spent over an hour just fixing the color of the thin branches.

      Delete
  3. Great shot & good job on the coloring. Nature did create the red in the males to draw predators away from the nest. Maybe his
    particular shade of red reflected in some way with the camera lens? Such a shade of red he 'glowed'? Ha Ha! It's only a guess.
    Either way, great photo & keep clicking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! It sure took a long time adjusting the colors but it was worth it. My cameras settings caused to color aberrations but it was necessary so I could get a clear shot.

      Delete