Saturday, July 25, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - July 25, 2015

Hi there folks and welcome to the Exploration Photography Daily View! The weather was perfect today and Kim and I headed to the shore. We had tentative plans as to where we were going to go and based that decision on traffic. Well according to Google Maps it would be at least a two hour drive to the Southern New Jersey beaches such as Ocean City or Wildwood Crest. But the Central beaches in the direction of Asbury Park would be about an hour and a half. So we headed in that direction with our sites on a beach called Avon By The Sea. We got there okay but it was so crowded that there was literally no place to park. So we decided to travel south along the shore and go from town to town until we found a place to park. And we finally did in a town called  Spring Lake. It was very clean and very nice I must say. And the people were very friendly. A lot of families with their children. Now if you are familiar with the Jersey beaches you know that most of them charge a fee. The only one's that I know of that do not are The Wildwoods and Atlantic City. And the average fee I have come across in recent years is $7.00. Spring Lake was $10.00. But they do not charge for parking so it isn't that bad I guess. And it is a lot closer to New York and it seems that everything in that direction is more expensive. So anyway you can pretty much guess that today's photo is going to be beach related. Check it out.


This is the boardwalk. As you can see it there are no shops or amusements like the boardwalks further down south. But it was actually kind of nice. It truly was a boardwalk created for the sole purpose of walking and enjoying the sites. I still prefer the others but this was a nice change. There was however two places at either end with restrooms and a place to grab a snack and a drink. So we saw someplace new and had a nice trip.

I also shot a quick video while at the waters edge and would like to share it with you. You can check it out below.




As usual this is best viewed at 1080P HD and at full screen.

And I must go now my friends. I thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again soon!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I actually liked the non- mercantile boardwalk. It was peaceful & I can imagine just strolling or standing at the railing for a moment of meditation......Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too. It was much quieter than I am used to. But I still love Ocean City :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete