Friday, July 10, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - July 10, 2015

Hi all! Welcome to Friday and welcome to another Exploration Photography Daily View. I'm not sure if I shared this with you before but even if I have I'd like to share it again.

There is a tree growing next to our pool that gets bigger and bigger every year. But this year it has a new edition. A bird, probably a robin, has been building a nest in it. We first saw it a few weeks ago but now it like the tree is also getting bigger.


I did take a quick shot inside the nest with my phone's camera but it appears to be empty. But I do often see a robin coming and going. I am not sure when robins lay eggs so maybe it just hasn't been used yet? I'll just have to wait and see. I will of course be very careful not to disturb it or any possible future contents.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Great capture! I can almost feel the rough texture of the twigs,hear the rustle when it's 'visited'.... I don't know the laying period of any birds ,but (unfortunately) have seen a few babies that failed Flying 101. I'm assuming that baby season may be close to over. Perhaps the bird is making a check that all chicks have gone? Maybe a cat got up the tree & thus they never used it? Or
    maybe these birds are just late- to start? Mystery!! Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I'm not sure either but am pretty sure it wasn't a cat. If I see anything I'll be sure to post it here.

      Delete