Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 9, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

The weather today was picture perfect. A fine day to use up some vacation time at work. And I did just that! Being it was a nice day I thought it would be a great time to drive over to Valley Forge and shoot some photos. Apparently I wasn't the only one. The place was packed with tourists and photographers alike.

I shot almost 200 frames today and I think I got some good stuff. It will take a while to sift through everything and process the good ones but I did get a couple done. Here is today's photo. This is one of the many recreated cabins throughout the park presented in black & white.


And here is another one showing some of the inside of the cabin.


This and all of the cabins at Valley Forge may look sturdy and secure and I suppose to an extent they are but they were barley a match for the severe and frigid winter of 1777 and 1778. Not to mention that not all of the soldiers camped there even had cabins. Add to that a shortage of proper clothing and food and we are only scratching the surface of the hard times that General Washington's troops endured. To learn more I encourage you to check out this link.

Valley Forge of today is a beautiful park with plenty of open space and scenery to enjoy with the entire family. Even man's best friend is welcome there. On a leash of course :) We should however consider the extreme sacrifice that took place there that helped America gain Independence and afford us the luxury of such a place.

Thanks so much for visiting and please check back soon. I have some cool stuff coming up! And be sure to check out the Facebook Group here for some behind the scenes and other extras.

Until next time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment