Friday, October 10, 2014

October 10, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

It's Friday and that means another "retro" photo. Well, I use the term retro loosely because some of the pictures I will be sharing will not be all that old. Some will be but not all of them.

Today's photo is from last year at Jenkin's Arboretum in Devon, Pennsylvania. It is a closeup of a bee that I shot with my smart phone. A Samsung Galaxy S4. I had just purchased it and was trying it out. I must say I am impressed about how far camera phones have come. I don't think that can or will replace DSLR's any time soon but the quality is amazing.


Now there are countless reasons why a camera phone cannot replace a "regular" camera. The biggest one in my opinion is sensor size. The sensors on a cell phone camera are much smaller than that of a DSLR or even a dedicated point and shoot. Therefore they can't capture as much information and in turn cannot produce as large of an image. Sort of like how old 110 cameras were not as good as 35mm film cameras. And don't even get me started on Disc cameras :)

Before I go i would like to share one more photo with you. The sunrise today was so beautiful I could not resist. Take a look.


Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic shots. Just can't believe you took that bee with a phone! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elaine! I too am amazed at the quality of cell phone pics. Though the differences between a DSLR and a cell phone pic become more evident when you enlarge the pic. It all comes down to the size of the sensor.

    ReplyDelete