Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

When I am on a photo shoot I am usually concentrating on a particular subject or at the very least a single location. In such a situation it is very easy to overlook the little things. And that is a shame because it is the little things that make up the "big picture". For today's photo I would like to share one of the little things.


This is a tree stump that I spotted along one of the walking paths at Longwood Gardens on Saturday. It would have been very easy to pass by and not notice it. Especially in such a location that is so rich in scenery. Somehow it caught my eye however. And I am glad for that. I think it is the lines that drew me in.

This particular photo is made up of two images I shot at different exposures. One normal and one darker. I blended them in Photoshop and adjusted the colors and tones accordingly. To me it came out very earthy with just the right amount of brighter colors.

What are your thoughts? I would love to her your opinion.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment