Thursday, October 2, 2014

October 2, 2014 - Photo of The Day

Flowers are one of my favorite things to photograph. In most cases they are stationary subjects unless of course they are outside and there is a good breeze going. But even when they are still it is not always easy to get a crisp sharp image. At least at close range. This is where a sturdy tripod and a remote shutter release come in handy. And that is what I used to capture today's photo.


These are Kim's roses. 

I shot this indoors using one of my tripods and my new wireless shutter release. It was fairly dark so I set a long exposure (30 seconds). I used a wide F-Stop (Aperture) to keep everything in focus and a low ISO (Film Speed) to keep grain at a minimum. Shutter speed, Aperture and Film Speed are all about light. And how much light you expose your camera's sensor to is the your Exposure. Remember, photography is all about light. Here is an excellent explanation as to how Exposure works.

Thanks for visiting and be sure to come back soon!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful roses. I love the color. They don't look as if they are real. I would think they were made out of satin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I see what you mean. At first I thought the lighting was a little off but after walking away from the computer and them taking a look a little later I liked the results. Like you said, very "silky" :)

      Delete