Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 11, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

The rain is finally over...I think. It seems that the weather people can't get it straight this weekend. Especially down the shore where Kim and I are.

We planned this trip as one last chance to visit Ocean City before most of it closes up for the season. This is also the weekend that the annual block party is taking place here. The rain kind of put a damper (pun intended) on the block party but it did stop in time for a fireworks show over the beach to cap off the night. I will post some pictures of the fireworks in a bit but for now I would lie to share a photo of the boardwalk from this evening.


Still a little wet but I think that makes for a nice picture. And at least it isn't windy anymore.

Before I call it a night I would also like to share a video with you. This is a time lapse of our trip to Ocean City yesterday afternoon. The drive took about an hour and a half but I was able to condense it down to just under two minutes. Please take a look.

 


This was shot using my Samsung Galaxy S4 with an app called Lapse It. The basic version is free and very limited but the Pro version is just $1.99. A bargain in my opinion.

Thanks for visiting and be sure to come back soon.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Sorry the weather is so bad for you this weekend. Joe and I are sort of glad we didn't go. Have fun though. I didn't realize until I saw your time lapse that you came through Philly to get down there. We go a completely different way than you do. The time lapse is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! The weather looks to be better tomorrow and we did get to the block party today. It was just rainy most of the time. I am really into the time lapse video. Kind of makes me want a GoPro cam. But for the price of the app I can't beat it. Which way do you go to OC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Donna is down there this weekend too. Glad they had the fireworks. She thought they would be rained out. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought for sure they would be cancelled too but the rain moved out in time. It was a good show too. They shot the fireworks off of boats or ships out in the ocean. I shared a video on Facebook and will also post it here in my post later on today.

      Delete