Thursday, June 25, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - June 25, 2015

So I'm out in our front yard this morning tending to the cafe as I usually do. This means cleaning up after messy customers and of course making sure there is plenty of food. When I was done I had a little extra time and decided to grab my camera and get some quick shots. So I get to the door and look out and there is a groundhog chowing down. I wanted to get a photo but as I opened the door he took off like lightning. I didn't realize they could run that fast. Oh well. I did however get a few shots of some new guests. There were some birds eating at the upper dining section that I have never seen around here before. let me share one of the photos with you.


This is a red Bellied Finch. Also known as a House Finch. There were about three or four of them and I have never seen them before. I hope they come back so I can get some better shots.

Well that's about it for today but before I go I would like to share a website with you that I recently discovered and has been of great help to me in identifying birds. Take a look at it at the following link.

Merlin Bird ID

And now I must go. Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Neat looking bird. Sorry to miss the groundhog but now he knows where FOOD is! Ha ha! Bet he'll be back. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the groundhogs know where the food is alright. They are usually very sneaky though and we don't see them. You just kind of know they have been there. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete