Monday, August 31, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - August 31, 2015

Hi and welcome to the Exploration Photography Daily View!

Where oh where has the Summer gone? As August wraps up today and we step into September I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Maybe it's just part of getting older or maybe it's the fact that Kim and I are making use of all the time we can to get out there to see and do new things. Sort of a "Time flies when you are having fun" situation. Whatever it is we can't stop it so we will just make the best of it.

Our recent trip to the Philadelphia Museum Of Art on Saturday was my first time there since Kindergarten. About forty years ago. And it was the first time I have visited the Fairmount Water Works which by the way is very, very cool. And the photo ops there are incredible. To that end I share this with you.

Click For larger Image

This is a panorama that I made up of five separate frames. And just like yesterday I struggled a bit getting it "right" due to haze mixed with a very bright sky. Both of which could have been solved by using my circular polarizing filter that I left at home. But I still think it came out good in the end. And there is nothing wrong with working a little harder.

And now on another note I have a video for you. The past few days have been very busy around here and I haven't had a lot of time to hang out and look for our Hummingbird friends. And believe me when I say that if you don't have patience and keep an eye out you can certainly miss them. I do take the time and make sure they have fresh nectar and a clean feeder though. This is very crucial for the well being of these tiny wonders. And I was lucky enough to capture them on (digital) film.


And now I must go my friends. But I'll be back real soon and I have lots to share with you. I thank you for stopping by and invite you to come back again.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I keep looking at this picture and see more and more things in it. The left side looks like ancient ruins and the right like a modern city. It looks made up as if someone where smashing two eras in time together. But I know it's real because I've been there. So very, very cool. Remember Christmas is coming and your sister ADORES this photo!

    ReplyDelete