Friday, August 7, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - August 7, 2015

Hi friends and welcome to the Friday edition of the Daily View! 

A few days ago I told you that I was adding an addition to the ever expanding Avian (and squirrel) Cafe. Today I would like to show you what I installed.


Yep it's a hummingbird feeder. In the past I have bought feeders and put them out but have never been able to attract any hummingbirds. So I never really thought a lot about getting one. However after talking to our neighbor about a week ago I had some hope. She told me that she saw a hummingbird near some of her potted flowers. And one of Kim's clients regularly attracts hummingbirds. So I figured I'd give it a shot. And it worked! Check out the video below. And needless to say it is best viewed at full screen and in HD.



I shot 30 minutes of video to get this 1 minute or so but it was so worth it and very rewarding. The feeder has only been out for three days and I have seen hummingbirds using it at least three times.

So what's next? I don't know for sure but I have some things rattling around in my head. But whatever it is I'll be sure to share it with you.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's exciting! It's been many years since I saw a hummingbird. We used to have them in the yard when I lived in Wissinoming. You are doing a good job feeding the wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people are telling me that they are seeing hummingbirds after many years of not seeing any. Maybe they are making a comeback. Thanks Kathy!

      Delete
  2. I like the new addition. I never saw hummingbirds except in the zoo or museum. Kinda nice. Something for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I have never seen them in the wild either. Well maybe at Longwood Gardens but that is about it. I am so pleased that I was able to get them in our yard.

      Delete