Saturday, August 15, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - August 15, 2015

Hello from Ocean City and welcome to the Exploration Photography Daily View!

It's been quite a while since I have shared a sunrise photo here but today I have a really nice one for you. So without further delay...


One of the first things I did when we arrived down here in OC Maryland was check the weekend weather and the time that sunrise occurred. Well the weather was perfect and I made sure I was up at least fifteen minutes ahead of time. Luckily we have a patio on the twelfth floor that sits oceanfront and I was able to prep my cameras the night before. Everything came together and I captured fifty or so frames. I also recorded a really cool video. It's a bit lengthy but I am so glad I started early. Take a look at it and be sure to watch the bottom of the frame closely.


Did you see the dolphins? I have never seen them so close to the shore. They hung around until right after the sun broke the horizon. So cool!

And before I go I have a link I would like to share with you. For the past week or so I have told you that I was working on a new project. Well I ran through it in my head for quite some time and today it has finally gone live. I have created a second blog that I am dedicating strictly to mobile photography. And I call it Exploration Photography Mobile . Catchy huh?! This is still a work in progress and will likely evolve over time but the main principle will remain. Posting photos and videos from my phone. Please check it out and let me know what you think. It should be a lot of fun.

And that's all for now. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you again at the blog(s).


Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Checked out the Mobile site & applaud it. Kudos! I tried to catch the dolphins,but do not have 20 min in the morning to watch, though I enjoyed a bit of it. Perhaps in future when you want something 'spotted' you could give the time (spot?) to locate it on the video? Just a thought.... I'm off to walk my dogs then grocery shop. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I know it's kind of a long video. I appreciate the input and I think your idea is good. It will definitely make it easier for the viewer. I may even share two videos. One complete and one that just shows the highlights. Thanks for stopping by and you have a super day too!

      Delete