Saturday, August 29, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - August 29, 2015

Sometimes the best places are right in our backyard. And I believe it is common for us not to visit those places. I guess we just kind of take them for granted. At least that's how it is for me. This Summer Kim and I have been making a point to get out there and see the world around us. Right around us. And a large part of this involves Philadelphia. Now I know that Philly often gets a bad wrap. I can't even tell you how many times I hear about that little booing Santa Clause thing back in '68. But Philadelphia also has a lot of history and culture. It is after all the Cradle of Liberty. And of our founding fathers who is more popular in Philadelphia as Benjamin Franklin?


I shot this bust of Benjamin Franklin at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. One of those places I always meant to visit but put off. And it is about 20 minutes from home. I have been there before. But it was in elementary school and more years ago than I prefer to think about. At first this very life like bust seemed a bit creepy. But I think the "cool factor" outweighs this and think about how amazing it is to be able to able to look him in the eyes. Well sort of anyway.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I agree about taking things for granted. Russ & I took a walk a few years back around the Independence area (2nd to 5th on
    Market & Chestnut Sts).There was a still working post office from Ben Franklin's time,walked the cobblestone streets (that's not easy even in sneakers),and even saw the area where a 'privy' (outhouse) once stood. It was all quite interesting with all the nooks & crannies....and all free!!

    ReplyDelete