Sunday, August 23, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - August 23, 2015

Good evening my friends and welcome to the Exploration Photography Daily View!

It sure was a busy weekend around here and as it always seems to go it was very quick too. I did find time however to spend in the Cafe and do some cleaning and general sprucing up of things. With so many patrons it does tend to get a little messy.

Now I have captured many videos of the hummingbirds in our garden and shared a lot of them here. In fact I have one for you today. But I have had little luck in getting a decent still frame shot. Well it may not be perfect but I grabbed what I think is a good one today. And here it is.


These little buggers sure are fast. But I think this came out pretty good.

And I did promise a video didn't I? This is also from this morning.


You may have noticed that the nectar in my hummingbird feeder not red like in previous posts. That is because I now make my own by simply mixing pure cane sugar with boiled water. And I do not add red food coloring. The reasoning behind the red food coloring used by practically all commercial suppliers is to attract the birds to the feeder. Hummingbirds are attracted to bright colors. The problem however is that it is believed that the red dye which is a petroleum bi-product is harmful to the birds. In fact you would be hard pressed to find any professional that would endorse the use of products that contain red dye. And as it stands there is no need for the red nectar. There is enough color on the feeder itself.

I must admit that I was a little nervous that the hummingbirds that come around here may not take to my home brewed nectar but as you can see they like it just fine. And I have the added confidence that I am providing a healthy product. 

I thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again here at the blog!

Until next time...

2 comments: