Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

I have been going over today's photo for quite a while. I think it came out okay but not as good as I wanted it to. There are a couple of issues. I'll start with the second first. Secondly it was the wrong time of the day for photographing outdoors and the sun was brutal. But hey, it's when I was there. A situation that could not be avoided. But the first issue is that I was not prepared. There are steps that I could have taken to be ready. I could have set the camera to underexpose the image. Being that it was sunny I should have already done this. there are a few more things that I could have done but I didn't so when this opportunity arose I didn't get the best image to work with. But I still think it is pretty good. I hope you like it.

Please Click For full Size Image

A lesson i learned a long time ago is that a good photograph begins before I even leave the house. Before I go out to shoot I always have a fully charged battery and I make sure my equipment has been cleaned. I also make sure I have what I may need with me. Tripod, remote shutter release, filters etc. The most important thing though is to know where I am going to be and know what settings to use. This day i simply forgot to check off that last step. Next time, I'll be ready.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment