Friday, September 26, 2014

September 26, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

Hi again!

About a week a go I bought a new "toy" for my camera. An RF remote shutter release. With it I can set up on a tripod and shoot without touching the camera. The advantage to the RF (Radio) as opposed to IR (Infra Red) is that I don't have to have a direct view of the receiver. This way I can set up and be as far as 60 meters away. It works great with the camera outside and me inside. And that is what I did to shoot today's photo.

I set up the camera on a tripod and aimed it at our bird feeder. I then went inside and watched out the kitchen window for birds to arrive. Well birds did arrive. But I ended up photographing...


A squirrel!

I need to work on the camera settings a little to get a sharper image but I don't think this came out bad. I'm sure I could never have gotten this pose if I were out there scaring all of the wildlife away.

I hope to use this new "toy" a lot more. It was a great investment for $18.95 (with shipping) on Amazon. And the possibilities are almost endless.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment