Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 23, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

Today I would like to re-visit the "Witness Tree" at Pawling's Farm in Valley Forge Park. Well I actually did visit it this past Sunday but today I'd like to share a couple of pics of it with you. These don't show the tree in it's entirety but give an idea of how big it is. Take a look.



Aside from just how massive the lower limbs are there is something else that I think is so cool. Take a close look and you will see new branches sprouting out of the old branches. To me this confirms that the old tree has a lot of life left in it. I just hope that after how long it has survived and thrived (more than 250 years) that we as custodians of the world around us continue to protect not only it but all nature.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment