Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

On Saturday I showed you a couple of photos from our trip to The Daniel Boone Homestead in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania. In particular the Boone house and the barn and blacksmith shop. today I would like to share a picture from inside of the house. This is the Parlor.



The Parlor was used for eating and entertaining and at one time was even used as a courtroom. The furniture seen in this photo is of period time but probably not used by the Boone family.

You can read more about The Daniel Boone Homestead and the Boone family here and here. Also if you haven't already read my Saturday post you can get there from here.

Thanks for visiting and be sure to check back soon.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Not at all what I think of when I hear the word "parlor".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! I guess for 18th century America this was luxury :)

    ReplyDelete