Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 28, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

Construction is a big business where I live. And there are many quarries to prove it. In fact I live just next to one. I cannot see it well from here but it is just a short, literally, 1 - 2 minute dive away. Well I drove to it this morning and shot some photos. Here is one I would like to share with you.


This is one of two local quarries, both of which are limestone. The other one is not in operation anymore. In fact this one was supposed to stop operation many years ago but somehow is still being used. I have no idea how deep they will dig but it sure is one big hole! I can just imagine what this land looked like before digging started. Here is a satellite view courtesy of Google.

McCoy Quarry Satellite Image

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check back soon and also be sure to check out the Facebook Group here.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment