Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

The end of Summer is approaching quickly and I must say it makes me a little sad. I think it is the fact that it went way too fast. I do enjoy Autumn and the holiday seasons it brings but it is also a cruel reminder that Winter is about to show it's ugly face. After last Winter I am not ready for any more cold weather.

My favorite time of the year is Spring. The arrival of Spring means warm weather and trips to the beach. To me it is also my prime time for photography. Spring is also a great time to go camping because it is warm but not too hot. That is just what Kim and I did earlier this year.

On our last few camping trips I have picked up a habit of bringing home a rock that is local to wherever we are. I know, it's strange, but it's just something I do. And that brings me to my Photo Of The Day.

Click For Full Size Image

This particular rock is actually not from our last trip. It is from a trip a couple of years ago to The Ponderosa Campground in Cape May Courthouse, New Jersey. As you can see I shot this in black and white. I think it shows off the reflections and shadows very nicely. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by. If you like what you see please feel free to share with your friends. You can also leave a comment if you like. On that note, I have been told that the comments section is not working for everyone. I am looking into this and I hope I can figure it out soon.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Do you have it in color also? It would be interesting to compare the color to the black and white. People don't appreciate black and white photos enough. There is so much art in the subtle shading you see with the color taken out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do have color photos too. Maybe I'll do another post using one as a comparison.

      Delete