Saturday, September 20, 2014

September 20, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

The weather today was picture perfect! Autumn is definitely taking hold but the temperatures are still warm enough for shorts. What a great time for all those outdoor activities that may have been put off because it has been too hot.

Today Kim and I made another trip down to Kennett Square to visit Longwood Gardens. I know it seems like we go there a lot and it is because we do. I just love it there. Not just for the photographic opportunities but because it is so peaceful and serene. Very, very relaxing. 

On this trip we concentrated n the Meadow Garden. We visited there early in the season when it first opened and it was beautiful but wow! What a difference! The meadow is now full of wildflowers and tall grass. The paths are very well defined and maintained and it is just a nice pleasant atmosphere. A lot of walking but being mostly grass trails it is easy on the feet at the same time.

At the entrance there is a large pond. it is very mossy and is loaded with turtles, frogs and all kinds of small fish and tadpoles. They are not always easy to see however because of their camouflage. Today I was lucky enough to have one of the garden employees point out a couple of frogs. For today's photo I would like to show one to you.


I would also like to give you an idea of the environment these frogs live in.


On another note I would like to point out a couple additions to my blog. On the sidebar I added a "Contact Me" section that you can use to send me a message if you like. I also added a couple of links to the photo sharing sites I use. There you will find a lot more images than you see here on the blog. Please check them out.

Thanks as always for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment