Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

Anyone who knows me knows that I cannot resist a good sunrise. Especially at the shore. Yesterday I shared a photo of the Ocean City Aerobatic Airshow with you. That was shot around the time we left for home from a short getaway. Today I would like to share a photo of how my day started at 6:38 am. Here of course is yesterdays sunrise.

Please Click For Full Size Image 


And it was absolutely beautiful. A lot chillier than it looks too. But the chill didn't keep people away. You can't see it here but there were quite a few others around. In fact there was someone on each side of me. Each of us with our cameras set up on tripods. And this brings me to the great part of photography. 

I would bet that although we were all shooting the same scene that none of our images looks the same. This has nothing to do with equipment or ability. It has everything to do with the art of photography. The camera is only a tool. It records the data but the person behind it makes the photograph. It starts with composition and ends with post processing.

I kind of wish I could see the results of the other two guys that were out there with me. They were both very knowledgeable and I believe talented. And best of all I got some really good ideas from talking with them.

Thank you for taking some of your time to come here and letting me share my photos and thoughts with you.

Until next time...


4 comments:

  1. beautiful shoot,that one would be great to enlarge and make a picture to hand on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous. Christmas is coming, brother.

    ReplyDelete