Friday, August 19, 2016

Exploration Photography Special Edition - August 19, 2016

Hi and welcome to a special edition of Exploration Photography!

On Sunday April 13, 2014 I published my very first post of what I call Exploration Photography. I wanted to create a place that would be an outlet for my artistic side and maybe even help some others along the way. Or at least entertain them a little :)

Fittingly my first post focused on analog photography. Film that is. It's where my photographic journey began many years ago so I thought it would be a nice place to start a new journey.

In the beginning my posts were rather sporadic, to say the least. But I did what I could. And to be honest I was still getting comfortable putting myself out there for all to see. Not to mention just getting used to the actual designing of and the layout of the blog itself.

Over time I made changes here and there. Nothing big just a bit of tweaking where I thought it was needed. But after some time I felt that if I was going to be serious I needed to make a bigger change. And that change took place on August 19, 2014. I called it the "Photo Of The Day". Now known as "The Daily View". It was my commitment to share a photo with you every day. And I have done so for two years now. 730 posts to be exact. My reasoning was simple. I wanted to improve my craft. And I believe the only way to do that is to get out there and shoot as much as possible. Did it work? I like to believe so. Is there room for improvement? You bet there is! And there always will be. Not only would it be silly to think I have arrived and had no more to learn. It would be sad and depressing. I never want to stop learning. I'll never be perfect but I will get better.

So to celebrate this milestone I would like to re-share a few things from the last couple of years. And to start I am going back to where it all began. Here is the very first photo I ever posted along with a link to the entire article.

Sunday April 13, 2014 (Click For Original Post)

This is actually the second photo in my first post. That is because the first one is a stock photo of the very same camera that I produced this photo with. My 1965 Zeiss Ikon Contessa LBE.

And here is my post from August 19, 2014. My first "Daily Post".

Tuesday August 19, 2014 (Click For Original Post)

Some wildflowers in our back yard. The randomness of this photo kind of sets the tone for future posts. Basically the randomness. Some days or even a for few days at a time I have a theme going on. But a lot of the time it is well, random. It's all part of the "getting out there" part and simply shooting just to shoot and maybe learn something along the way.

Now I would like to share a few photos that I particularly like for one reason or another.

October 14, 2015

September 14, 2015

May 19, 2016

November 15, 2015

August 31, 2015

May 5, 2014

October 13, 2015

And there are many more. I may share some in the days ahead but for now I would like to continue with my commitment to posting a "Daily View". This is something that I have shared more than a few times before but is still unique. This is the only Full Moon that will have ever happened on August 18, 2016.


And now...

Yesterday's View...

Thursday August 18, 2016

And that's a wrap my friends. Thanks for reading, watching and looking. Not only today but for the two plus years I have been at this. I really do appreciate you taking a few minutes of your time to stop by and check out whatever it is I am sharing day to day. You are awesome!

As always,

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Larry, congratulations on your anniversary! That is quite a commitment and you have fulfilled it beautifully. I am very proud that you are my brother. I love your blog and read it every day even if I don't comment. Your photography is beautiful and it makes me happy to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy :) Not just for the very kind words but for helping to get me started and answering many of my questions about blogging. And for supporting me and sharing so others could check me out. It would have been a lot harder without you. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Happy photoversary! Love the look back. Knew there'd be a squirrel!! Love the bird with the beak. Your talent is amazing. Keep shooting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! You know I couldn't celebrate without a squirrel :) As long as people keep looking I'll keep shooting!

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary...your sister told us. I'll be back to check out your photos. Blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome! Kathy is one of my biggest supporters :) Please stop by anytime. You never know what I might share :)

      Delete