Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Let's Try Something New

Starting today I am going to try something new. It may not be completely original but it is something I have been wanting to do for some time now. 

I am going to post a "Photo Of The Day". It could be anything from a bird to a flower (like today), the Moon, the sunrise. It could simply be a cell phone photo of something I find interesting or humorous. Anything. How's that sound? 

My reasoning behind this is simple. It is often said that the best way to hone one's skills in photography is to shoot every day. I firmly believe in this. An example of this is a project I did a couple of years ago where I photographed the sunrise every day for a year. A leap year at that! For 366 days in a row I got up and went out at sunrise to shoot the Sun. Was it easy? No! Was it rewarding? Absolutely! When I look at the first photo taken on January 1 and compare it to the last taken on December 31 I can see a huge improvement. I will share my gallery of these shots in a future post.

So for my first "Photo Of The Day" I present this.


A simple wildflower that sprung up in our back yard. Nothing special but I have seen a group of these every morning when I go out to fill our bird feeder. I don't even know how they got there.

So that's it for today. Please check back tomorrow. Also if you enjoy reading my posts and viewing my photos please share this blog with others that you think may enjoy them as well. I would really appreciate it:)

Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Your picture is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from Lynn Jackaway. I don't know why she can't comment, but I found if I'm not signed in as me, I can't comment either. Do you have it set up so that you have to have a google account?

    " I'm looking forward to his photos and comments. When I first saw the flower I saw 2 flowers fully bloomed and one still waiting. It takes time to fully mature and grow into what God wants us to be, but we don't and can't stop the process unless we uproot."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check some settings Kathy. It may be that way by default and I just didn't change it.

      To Lynn, thank you so much for checking out my blog and I am so glad you too can see the beauty that I see around us.

      Delete
    2. Kathy, the comment issue should be fixed now.

      Delete
  3. I find it amazing that 'weeds' can be so beautiful!! I actually allow some to grow in our yard just because they are so pretty!!
    Your photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more Linda. Thank you for stopping by and thank you so much for the compliment. I really appreciate it and am glad there are people out there that enjoy my work:)

      Delete