Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - August 31, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Every once in a while I will shoot a photo that has a main element that I really want to share with you but also has some things that I feel take a little bit away from it. More often the not so good things keep me from sharing. Today however I decided that the good bits are good enough to go ahead and let you see the finished image. And here it is.


What I don't like: It's a little overexposed and the entire foreground is not evenly focused. 

What I like: The butterfly is crisp and clear. And I love the composition.

Believe me when I say that this one gave me some trouble. And if you saw the RAW image you would see what I mean. But I think taking the time to tweak it was time well spent. After all there is not a large window of time to photograph butterflies in the wild.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Tuesday August 30, 2016

And that will do it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. While I'm by no means a photographer,I think I get it. For me,I see a picture (or photo) that is not perfect,there is just something about it that 'speaks' to something in me. It could be off-center,blurry,
    whatever but for some reason you feel compelled to keep looking. There is no explanation because it is what is inside each one of us,how we see with our heart.(Like that one leaning tree you capture each time in Valley Forge Park). It touches something within you. Just enjoy....and I agree about the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said! It amazes me how many different ways people see things. As the presenter I try to show you what I see and even if you do you see it in your own way. Thanks Debbie!

      Delete
  2. I know you are a perfectionist, but that is an awesome shot of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete