Monday, May 5, 2014

It's Tulip Time At Longwood!


For those not familiar Longwood Gardens is a botanical garden in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania that is more than 1,000 acres in size. It consists of many water gardens, incredible flower gardens and a large conservatory that houses many exotic plants and flowers year round.

Main Entrance - September, 28, 2013

I am fortunate enough to live about half an hour from Longwood and thanks to the Christmas gift of an annual membership from Kim I visit there often. Of course I always have my camera in hand:)



With the changing seasons and many holidays each year brings Longwood presents different flower and seasonal displays. Being Spring the current attraction is the annual tulip garden. I visited on Sunday morning and I am here to say they were in full bloom! Today I would like to share some of the photos I captured.




May 4, 2014 - (Click To Enlarge)

May 4, 2014 - (Click To Enlarge)

May 4, 2014 - (Click To Enlarge)

May 4, 2014 - (Click To Enlarge)

May 4, 2014 - (Click To Enlarge)

May 4, 2014 - (Click To Enlarge)





Conservatory - September 28, 2013


If you would like to learn more about Longwood Gardens please check out these links.



Longwood Gardens Official Website

Longwood Gardens on Wikipedia









As always thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoyed my photos and the beautiful tulip display. In my next post I will share some other areas of the gardens.


  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Tulips are my favorite flower. These are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete