Sunday, August 21, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - August 21, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

It was another very busy and might I add very fast weekend. Again! But I did get a lot in. I even had time to shoot a little today. Not at the Cafe but still at home.

I always say that wherever there is a tourist spot there is also a place nearby where the locals live. And today's photo sort of explores this theory. "Sort of" being the operative words.

When I got up this morning I knew that as the day went on the weather was not going to get any better. It was going to get hotter and hotter and then it was going to storm. And that's just how it went. With a lot of yard work to get done I set out at 8am and worked until about 11am. And I got a lot done. After I finished in the front, where the Cafe is located, I headed out back to help Kim. And when I was done there I grabbed my camera and shot for a bit. And from that shoot I would like to share this with you.


This is one of the trees that serves as a home to many of our birds. It is what many refer to as a "scrub tree". And I have no idea what it actually is. It started to grow at the end of our yard several years back and I just let it go. And I am so glad I did. It provides shade for our pool and like I said a home for our wildlife. I shot this when I was photographing some flowers. I happened to look up and saw the Sun shining through and knew immediately  wanted to share it with you. Enjoy!

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday August 20, 2016

And that will do it for today my friends. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite views is the sun shining through leaves of a tree. It's funny I have a volunteer tree and a weed tree in my yard. Birds planted both of them. But they are both beautiful so I kept them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! When it first started to grow we were going to put the tree out but I thought it would be good shade. It really is and it also provides a home for many birds.

      Delete
  2. Scrub or what, it is a great tree and has a purpose in life which benefits you a lot. This is a great photo, Larry. May your days get a lot cooler this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great tree. And it benefits me with more than just shade. It is home to many birds too. They get a home and I get to photograph them!

      Delete
  3. Great photo! You ever lay on your back & just look up at the trees? I like to listen to the wind in the trees....can't hear as much here in the city....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I have. Valley Forge is a great place to do this. And it's usually a bit quieter than the city :)

      Delete