Sunday, January 3, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - January 3, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

I did a whole lot of eating this weekend folks. Today is my birthday and to help me celebrate Kim booked a room at the LaQuinta Inn in Lancaster County for Saturday night so I could take advantage of my free birthday meals at two different smorgasbords.

On Saturday we met up with my sister Kathy and my brother-in-law Joe at Miller's Smorgasbord for an early dinner. We don't see each other very often and it was nice to sit down and enjoy a pleasant meal together. After dinner Kathy and Joe had to head home but Kim and I headed to our hotel.

Sunday afternoon we did a little shopping and afterwards took a short drive to Hershey Farm Restaurant which by coincidence also has a smorgasbord :) But rewind back a few hours to just before 7:30 am. The grounds of the hotel border two farms and gave me a very nice view of the morning sun. And you know I was up and out there to capture it. And you also know that I am sharing it with you today :)


Not the most colorful sunrise I have seen but to me still very nice.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. It was fun having dinner with you. We really have to make time to see each other more often. Hope you liked Hershey too. I know there are tons of photo ops there. I like your sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice and you are right. We need to get together more often. Hershey was very good. What a selection! The carving station had steak, burgers, cheeseteaks and even tacos!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! What a great way to celebrate. Neat photo! I'm not sure if you've ever come across this photo-op: I was much younger traveling south with my dad & step-mom. We spent the night at a roadside inn in Virginia (I think). I got up the next morning to see fog outside & ...animal feet! The fog was REALLY thick! As it lifted,I saw the "feet" belonged to cows! I had no camera with me,but wish I had. To see feet & no body....guess you would have loved that! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a few shots of low lying fog but no animal feet. That sounds really cool though!

      Delete