Friday, January 8, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View And Weekly Roundup - January 8, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View and Weekly Roundup!

To wrap up the week I thought I'd show you a photo I shot while wrapping up 2015 and thus beginning 2016. This is one of our bayberry candles on New Years Eve.


Every year of my life we have burned bayberry candles on Christmas Eve. It started of course with my parents and now I continue that tradition in my home with my own family. We also burn them on New Years Eve. It is believed by some that burning bayberry candles on Christmas and New Years Eve brings good luck and prosperity. I don't know about that but it is a family tradition and that's what matters the most to me.

And now for the Weekly Roundup. Click any of the links below for a second look at the past week or perhaps a first look if you missed a day.








And that's another week in the books my friends. I thank you for stopping by and invite you to come back often!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. It's interesting to hear about family traditions. The Roundup is appreciated in case in case there is something I missed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! It seems that the older I get the more important these traditions are to me.

      Delete
  2. I don't remember a bayberry candle growing up. It must have started after I had my own home. But I do it too. This year, though, I couldn't find a bayberry candle! You know the poem, "A bayberry candle burned down to the socket, Brings food to the larder and money to the pocket."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I can remember Mom burned them every Christmas Eve. I usually buy them during the Summer but forgot this year. I had to go out Christmas Eve to find them. It's amazing how many people haven't even heard of bayberry candles. Even candle stores! Well I finally found them at Yankee Candle in King of Prussia. The clerk knew exactly what I was looking for and they a lot available. $7.99 for two 12 inch genuine bayberry tapers (not scented wax)is pretty good. I bought a set for Christmas and New Years Eve. Probably should of bought more. Maybe I'll go back and see if they still have them.

      Delete