Saturday, January 23, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View And Weekly Roundup - January 23, 2016

Hi and welcome to a very snowy Daily View!

The snow is still here and it is relentless! So far it has been falling off and on for more than 24 hours and from what I can tell it will continue for another 6 or 7 hours. We could get a total of 24 to 30 or more inches. But we are doing our best to keep up with it. We have shoveled more times than I care to remember and though we may be done for the day there is lots more to do tomorrow.

As for the Cafe? Well I am paying special attention to it and I am happy to say that though I cannot control the weather I can keep our customers well fed. Here is a shot of some of our avian friends enjoying a much needed meal.


And as a special "snow Day" bonus here is a photo of one of our squirrels eating a peanut in some pretty harsh snowfall.


Just because it is snowing and the weather may be foul our wildlife friends still need to eat. I am glad to be able to help and at the  same time get some nice shots to share with you.

And now for the Weekly Roundup! As always you can click on any of the links below to catch up in case you missed a day or perhaps to take a second look.










And before I go I would like to share a short video from today's snow covered Cafe. I just cleared it again right before I shot this.



And that wraps up another week. As always I thank you for stopping by and invite you to come back again real soon!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping the Cafe 'open'! I had 2 sparrows waiting for me in the tiny bird feeder I have.
    Surprised you had none 'waiting' for you! Ha ha! You're right,they need to eat too. Love the squirrel! They are pretty hardy,aren't they? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they were waiting for me :) They just get out of the way while I clean and fill their food. The squirrels too. And they were out there much later than normal. I guess other food sources were scarce. Not here though! I have 80 lbs. of seed and 10 lbs. of peanuts.

      Delete