Sunday, November 1, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - November 1, 2015

Hi there and welcome to today's Daily View!

As I typed out the title for today's post I simply could not believe it's November already. This year has just gone by so fast. Not to mention the weather sure doesn't feel like November. In fact we are due for some 70° temperatures this week.

Looking back over the year I am reminded of all of the things Kim and I did and all of the places we were fortunate enough to visit. We set out to make the very best of the Summer that we could and I think we did pretty darned good. I truly believe in getting out there and seeing as much as we can. Be it close to home or far away. And speaking of close to home I also got a lot done at home. Now it's probably a little obvious that I an a lover of nature. Being as such I naturally enjoy the company of the birds and squirrels that are very abundant in this region. And out of this grew the "Avian Cafe". I call it the Avian cafe but as you know squirrels and the occasional groundhog are also welcome. Running this "cafe' is very time consuming and a bit pricey but I don't mind. I go through about 40 lbs. of seed a week and 5 lbs. of peanuts every two weeks. All of this produces one 13 Gallon bag of cleanup weekly. But you know what? Getting out there every day to maintain all of this has contributed in me losing almost 50 lbs. over the past several months. All of the travel over the Summer helped a lot too. So it's all worth it and works out for the overall good. And there is also one other awesome by-product to all of this. Being able to share photos like this with you.

Click To Enlarge

After another slow early morning the late morning saw a lot of action at the Cafe. It looks like I may need to expand again to prevent fights for seating. I am happy to say that no one got hurt and they were all able to grab a quick meal.

And I must go for now my friends. As always I thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again real soon!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Wow you go through a lot of food! And losing 50lbs? I guess I haven't seen you in awhile. Love today's picture. A real action shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do! But it is good for both me and the local wildlife. I am very happy with today's photo.

      Delete
  2. Love the photo! Congrats on the 50 lbs! There are unseen benefits when you do good things. That is a LOT of food & not cheap.
    However I think the rewards are well worth it! Enjoy the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fortunately Costco has good pricing for the food and peanuts but it still gets expensive. But I think the benefits definitely outweigh the costs.

      Delete