Sunday, November 8, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - November 8, 2015

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

It's been another busy weekend around here but some of that busy was getting out early this morning and driving to Valley Forge to greet the Sun. Though today's meeting was a bit different. Now I am not quite sure but I have always assumed that the gates at Valley Forge are supposed to be open at dawn. And they always have been when I have been there that early. Today the main gate was closed. Naturally I was not going to give up and I quickly came up with a backup plan. With only eight minutes 'til sunrise I had to find a safe place to park that had a good view. Luckily I did and I could not have been more pleased. And I even had a few extra minutes because of the tree line. Check it out.

Click To Enlarge

I was even able to set up and record some video as the Sun came up. It's about ten minutes long so if you are in a hurry just bump it along toward the end. And as usual it is best viewed at full screen in 1080P.


And I must go for now my friends. I have a lot of frames to sift through and post process. I'll be sharing the results over the next few days. I hope to see you again here at the blog.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I did have to bump it but still worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I think this is my new favorite sunrise spot. Except maybe down the shore :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shot. I haven't had time to look at the video yet but I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! being "locked out' of my regular sunrise spot may be a really good thing.

      Delete