Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - November 11, 2015

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Today is Veteran's Day here in the United States. A day we mark to honor those who have sacrificed a part of their life to serve and protect in our Armed Forces. And the many who have given their lives to preserve America and our way of life. So I would like to personally say Thank You with today's photo.


It is a little difficult to read the plaque so here is what it says.

"In Memory Of Unknown Soldiers Buried At Valley Forge. 1777 - 1778. Erected By Valley Forge Chapter Daughters Of Ther American Revolution."

Though there was never a shot fired at Valley Forge in battle over 2,500 men perished due to malnutrition, disease and extreme cold. But out of all of this came America's first professional Army who fought for the very same freedom we enjoy today. 

Thanks to all who have served!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I agree! Thank you to all the service men & women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I saw this and knew it would be the perfect Veteran's Day photo :) These were the "original" American veterans.

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know about this. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I have been to Valley Forge more times than I could even imagine and I still find new things. I have been trying to walk the areas that I normally drive through.

      Delete