Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - November 4, 2015

Hi and welcome to the midweek edition of the Exploration Photography Daily View!

As I promised in yesterday's post I am sharing another shot from Sunday's Cafe photo shoot. This is another "action" shot and shows one of our resident birds taking off from his seat after enjoying a nice meal. 

I like to think of these photos as a work in progress. 

Over a year ago when I started posting daily I said that shooting everyday (or at least often) would help me progress in my photography and to at least a degree I think it has. If nothing else it keeps me on my toes. There are times that I can feel myself getting a little lazy and I am able to steer myself back in the right direction. Times when my work is lacking something. At least that's how I see it :)

So enjoy today's offering and please feel free to let me know what you think.

Click To Enlarge

Thanks for stopping by my friends and please be sure to come back soon!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I can understand the 'lazy'.I admire that you realize this & press on. To get better,you need to practice. In your case. I think it's more discipline.You try for that one shot that confirms (to you) that you are growing in your art. I think this is a super stop-action
    shot! (Is that the correct term?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I think you have good insight to how I work :) You are certainly correct when you say "to me". One thing I have learned is that while I naturally want others to enjoy my work it is very important for me to like it first.

      Delete
  2. This is such a great shot. I don't know how you got the bird in mid-flight. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! There was a little planning involved along with a lot of luck! What I did was set my camera on a tripod and focused on the feeder when no birds were present and fired the shutter with a remote RF shutter release. I was able to watch the birds from our kitchen window.

      Delete