Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome To The Daily View

Happy New Year everyone! 

With a new year comes new opportunity. And of course some changes here and there. Some big and some small. Hopefully more good than bad. And my little blog here is not immune from change. Some changes will be simple housekeeping. I am removing some minor redundancies which you may or may not notice. But you will probably notice the larger changes I am implementing. Starting today.

When I made the commitment to post every day I had a very personal reason. To make myself a better photographer. And while I am not and will never be perfect I like to think I have improved. So that is good. But I have to admit that sometimes I have a tough time posting. Not for lack of material. Far from it in fact. But for lack of words. I have never claimed to be a writer. And while love sharing some of my adventures with you sometimes it's really just about the photo. So starting today it's going to be more about the photography. Oh I will still share some words and observations and some stories behind the photo now and again. But on a daily basis I will be sharing some of the technical data behind the photo of the day. And in addition I will also show you the "before" picture along with the final result. Plus I have some other ideas that I will soon implement. Perhaps surveys and even a prize here and there? You never know...

Some things will remain the same however. I will always provide a link to "Yesterday's View" in case you missed it the first time around. And as always I welcome feedback and even constructive criticism. And above all else one thing that will remain the same is my sincere appreciation of you. My readers. If it weren't for you there would be no blog. Thank you! 

Now before I get on with my first post of the new year I would like to ask one thing of you. If you enjoy visiting please share my blog with others who you think may also enjoy stopping by now and again. The more the merrier as they say :)

And now...

On with the show...

Today's Photo was shot at Valley Forge National Park. Many readers will recognize it as "My Favorite Tree". Since I ended 2016 with a picture of one of my favorite subjects, a squirrel, I thought it proper to begin 2017 with this tree located at one of my favorite places.


Technical Info

- Canon 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 43mm
- Aperture Priority 
- Aperture F20
- Shutter Speed 1/125 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 125
- Center Weighted Average Metering


Adjusted with Photoshop and Photoshop Camera RAW. Mainly white balance correction, cropping and of course conversion to black and white.

For some reason this shot gave me a little trouble. I think it came out okay though. What are your thoughts?

Here is the "before" picture completely untouched except for conversion from RAW to PNG so you can view it.


And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday December 31, 2016
And that will do it for today my friends. Thank you so much for stopping by! Please be sure to come back soon.

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I don't usually like black and white over color, but in this case I do. I like how you sharpened the image. Good changes to your blog. I like them. (But I think you do actually write well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I basically removed some redundancies. I will be doing a little more streamlining and adding a new feature very soon.

      Delete
  2. I prefer the B&W as I feel it speaks more of the ...barrenness? The tree stands out more than in the color. I totally think you've grown in your art. While I don't understand the tech part of your blog,I do like the contrasts you present. You DO write well. At least for me. Looking forward to more 'contrasts'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! Stay tuned for some cool new stuff...

      Delete
  3. I agree that the black and white one is better- sharper. Hope you will continue to tell us where you shot the pictures, but I do like you including the technical info too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am trying to head back in my original direction and be a photo blog. And of course I love talking about where I go and shoot.

      Delete