Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome To The Daily View

Today's photo is another I shot yesterday while at Valley Forge. It is the Valley Forge Train Station located next to Washington's Headquarters. Though no longer used as a train station it is preserved and used as a starting point for bus tours of the park.

When out shooting I generally have a certain level of intent. What I mean by that is that I have a good idea of what I am aiming for and how I want the final image to look. And then sometimes I just see a nice scene and capture it to see what I can do with it. Today's image is the former. What you see here is exactly what I saw in my head even before the RAW shot.

Click For Large Full Size Image



Technical Info

- Canon 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 26mm
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture F18
- Shutter Speed 1/50 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 125
- Center Weighted Average Metering

Normal cropping and adjustments were done in Photoshop and Photoshop Camera RAW. I used Silver Efex Pro 2, part of the wonderful NIK Collection of filters made available for free from Google, for the black and white conversion. Within Silver Efex Pro 2 I emulated AGFA APX 400 Speed Film.

Here is the "Before" image.

Click For Full Size Image


I think You'll agree that this needed to be in black and white. But if not that's okay too. I would love to hear your opinion.

Also, you probably noticed that I have included a few clickable links throughout this post and in many of my recent posts. I place these links for your convenience and curiosities. I am sure many of you are very familiar with the destinations of these links but I am also sure some of you are not. So if you are so inclined I encourage you to check them out. And I promise that they do no lead to any harmful sites. In fact most of the time it's a Wikipedia page.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Sunday January 1, 2017

That will do it for now folks. Thanks as always for stopping by! And if you like what you see please share it with others.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry. In this one I prefer the color. It softens the sunlight I I want to sit & enjoy the warmth. Not so with the black & white. Just my opinion..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite alright. It would certainly be boring if everyone saw everything the same way. Thanks for your input and for stopping by!

      Delete