Sunday, May 22, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - May 22, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Even with the threat of rain Kim and I decided to take a chance and trek out to Longwood Gardens today. And as it turned out the weather was very kind to us. Just a bit of drizzle here and there and the temperature was perfect for strolling the grounds.

Longwood is currently in the process of renovating it's main fountain and will be until next Spring. This means that a large portion of the grounds are inaccessible and a lot of the water features are not operating. And the source of those water features is the called "The Fountain Eye". The Fountain Eye is on a hilltop where water is pumped and flows down and fills a small lake around the Chimes Tower. In the past I have photographed the flow of water but today I got a chance to capture the water beds as they sit dry. Please let me share this one with you.


Though I would like the water to be flowing again this is kind of cool too.

During our journeys today I also came across some young and very playful squirrels. They were kind of tame and I was able to grab a quick video. Check it out here.


And as an added bonus our friends Marion and Rich were also visiting the gardens with Marion's brother and sister-in-law. We were able to meet up for lunch and spend a little time walking through the Conservatory together. Very cool!


And now...

Yesterday's View...



I have to go for now but I hope you come back soon. I have lots to share from our trip today. And I also have some cool new stuff in the coming weeks.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment