Saturday, December 27, 2014

December 27, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

What a beautiful day! We had very unseasonably warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine. Very unusual for December. I have a feeling we are going to pay for it in February.

Kim and I were heading out for dinner this evening and on the way I stopped by to see this.


This is the "Witness Tree" that I have shared before that is located at the Pawlings Farm section of Valley Forge National Park. My previous images were in warmer months and the tree was covered with leaves. I have been wanting to get over there and shoot some photos while it was bare and today was the perfect day. I also got there when the sun was setting and the light was very friendly. Here is another shot I made today with a closer view of the branches that reach the ground.


This beauty is nearly 300 years old.

While at the park I took advantage of the lighting and photographed some some of the buildings too. I will share them over the next couple of days.

As always thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my photos and my attempt at writing :) If you like what you see please come back for more and share it with your friends. All are welcome.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. At first I thought some branches had blown down but then in the second picture I saw how they actually reach to the ground. This is such an unusual tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot more branches that reach the ground. I think I may have to do a video to show the entire tree close up. Perhaps on my next trip over there. I guess the reason the branches lay like this is due to the age of the tree. It's nearly 300 years old. I know there are trees much older but not around here.

    ReplyDelete