Friday, December 12, 2014

December 12, 2014 - Photo of The Day

Hi and welcome to another "retro" Friday. And being Friday I'm sure most of us have had a long week so why don't we get right to it. Sound good?

Let us go back 21 years to the Winter of 1993 and to one of my favorite places, Valley Forge. Today's photo was shot in 35mm. I am not sure what camera I used but it was probably my Canon T50

(Stock Photo)
 
The T50 was a fairly basic camera and was also my first 35mm. It didn't give me a lot of freedom to change settings manually but I did learn a lot about composition using it. And even with a basic set of lenses the quality was superior to the average  "point and shoot" of the day. And for the record I still have my T50. I may even take it out one day soon.

And here is today's photo.


I think this is just a bit too grainy. It could be the film I used but I think a more likely cause is the scan I made from the original print. I was able to smooth it out a little in Photoshop. Also coming from me this photo is a little unique. I don't shoot many sunsets at Valley Forge. The parking lots are usually closed at dusk so that of course makes it a little tough to park. I don't remember for sure but I think I may have just pulled the car over and shot this from the side of the road.

And speaking of side of the road photos here is a "stopped on the road" photo from my drive to work this morning. It was early and there was no traffic so I figured I'd give it a "shot" (pun intended).


Just a little snow dusting from a quick overnight snow shower. The roads were actually dry.

And I'm going to call it a day folks. I thank you for reading and ask that you come back soon.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment