Sunday, July 23, 2017

Welcome To The Sunday View

As with many Sundays I was up early today and found myself in our back yard (aka The Cafe) filling feeders and cleaning up a bit. And just like last Sunday I thought it would be a good time to set up my camera and do some video. And I did just that. Except there was one tiny problem. Taking my camera gear from the nice, cool and dry environment inside our house into a rather damp and humid outside environment caused the attached lens to fog up a bit. So I wiped in with a clean cloth and thought it would be clear. Well it wasn't. And out of about a half hour of video I got about a minute of usable material. And although that minute is very good I also captured a lot of good stuff that is fogged out. Oh well, at least it wasn't a wash. Now how about today's photo?

When I was done doing my video work I was feeling a bit artistic. And I had an idea to do some close ups of some of the plants and trees in our yard. I have done this before but as always I wanted to do just a little bit better this time around. And I think I did okay. So for today's photo I would like to share two photos with you. The same subject and actually the same exact frame. Just one in color and one in black and white. If you would be so kind I would love it if you told me which you like better.

Click For Full Size Image

Click For Full Size Image
 
This is a close up of one of our dogwood trees. It is a section that was apparently pruned many years ago.

Technical Info

- Canon EOS 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 51mm
- Manual Control
- Aperture F16
- Shutter Speed 1 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 400
- Center Weighted Average Metering

Here is the "Before" image.

Click For Full Size Image

And here is the latest installment of In The Cafe.


And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday July 22, 2017

And that will do it for today my friends. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. I'm really on the fence myself. But I think I'm swaying toward the black and white.

      Delete